Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Trade That Paid Off



It was the end of the second week of the regular season in the NFL, RGIII had just gone off against the Saints. He was looking like the stud of the fantasy season. My friend who will go by the name of Gill, had RGIII sitting on the bench because he had Cam Newton starting. I had Big Ben from Pittsburgh at quarterback so I was looking for an upgrade. My other friend who will go by the name of Josh, needed a running back. Gill needed a wide receiver, which I had plenty of.

This was the making of my first and only three way trade. At the time I realized of the potential three way trade it was already midnight. I could not see myself falling asleep with a trade as big as this one hanging in the air. The wide receivers I had last year were stupidly good, I wasn't willing to give any of them up. I had Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson and Julio Jones. That meant I had to give up a running back. I had CJ Spiller, Alfred Morris and Frank Gore. I was most willing to trade Gore for RGIII.

Gill was not going for that trade because he was in serious need for a wide receiver. I was not giving Gill any of my receivers so I had to get one of Josh's receivers for a running back. Gill wanted Dez Bryant from Josh and Josh wanted Gore from me.

By two o'clock in the morning all three of us decided to trade Gore, RGIII and Dez Bryant. This is how it went down:
Josh traded me Dez Bryant
I Traded Josh Frank Gore
I flipped Dez Bryant for RGIII.

The offers that were made until all three parties could agree on something were endless. Finding a medium that fit everyone's needs is the trickiest part. After a few weeks of RGIII carrying my team and dominating while Cam Newton carried out a disappointing year, Gill regretted making that trade. Overall, I think I came out on top of that trade even though running back served to be a minor bump in the road for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment