Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Interviewing Super Bowl Host Committee Employee


If you haven't heard the Super Bowl will be hosted in New Jersey this year. The championship game will be played at the Meadowlands where the Jets and the Giants play their home games. I recently interviewed an employee of the Super Bowl Host Committee who would like to remain anonymous about fantasy football:

ME: Do you have a fantasy football team?
Super Bowl Host Employee: Yes, I love fantasy football. I have no team I really follow or root for, so I root for individual players

Me: How do you think fantasy football changes the way fans watch the NFL?
SBHE: I think fans have a deeper viewing experience when they have fantasy teams. Whether the fans are talking about the games or researching players, there is a deeper connection between the NFL and the fans.  The way fans watch the game is certainly evolving from the traditional way fans used to watch football. There are different ways to see what is happening around the league every Sunday instead of just watching the one on CBS or FOX.

 ME: What do you think about Redzone? Its a program that shows every scoring play from every game.
SBHE: I think Redzone is great. I know what it is, my friend had it last year so I went over to his house too watch. I think it is the ultimate viewing experience for fans. I think it might affect the ratings for the games on CBS or FOX but with Redzone you don't have to flip back and forth from channel to channel because there are no commercials.

ME: Who is a player or players that you would like to draft this upcoming season?
SBHE: I think Matt Ryan (pictured to the right) is going to have a huge year. I like his wide outs Roddy White and especially Julio Jones, watching him play is exciting. I think Stephen Jackson will have a great year if he stays healthy.                                
                                       
There you have it, yet another person who thinks fantasy football is a great way to get involved in the NFL. The person I interviewed was an avid fantasy football owner who was excited to get back into another great season in the NFL.




No comments:

Post a Comment