Thursday, August 1, 2013

Where Are You Drafting?


There are different ways to draft your team. I have done live drafts where everyone is in a room and write their picks on a board. I have done online drafts as well. These are the two most common ways to draft.

Live drafts are cool and give an authentic feeling to the draft for owners in the league. It can be fun and entertaining because everyone is in the same room. It can be difficult for owners to focus and take account for what positions they already have and who they need. It can also be difficult to know what players are still available to draft. Live drafts can also take a long time because it may be hard to give a time limit for owners to make a pick.

Online drafts can be useful because the website solves the problems you can have with a live draft. Online drafts are user friendly because they have the players ranked and can organize everything, making it easier for owners. Online drafts are also more time efficient because of the timer. One big problem with online drafts is people can have trouble connecting with the internet. I have had this problem in the past and my team was autodrafted the first few rounds. It is a horrible feeling to have your first few picks auto drafted.

My friend suggested we draft at a Buffalo Wild Wings. This is a bad idea. I can't trust the internet connection plus I do not want to be distracted by the ten thousand televisions and people rooting for their teams. I prefer to keep it indoors, alone, and in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment