Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Talk Trash At Your Own Risk


Talking trash or smack as Yahoo likes to call it is a risky business in fantasy. I only talk trash to someone I have a grudge against or someone who talks down to my guys. Never disrespect CJ Spiller when he was my sleeper. CJ is a stud. That brings me to my main point, what not to say when talking trash. Its important to know what not to say because you never know what is going to happen.


NEVER:
  •    ...  Ever base your trash talk off of the projected points. Projections do not really mean much, so know the players you have and the other team has.
  •  ... Ever talk trash if you auto-drafted your team. If you do than you're just a bad bad person. On the other hand, if the team you're playing auto-drafted, talk trash as much as you possibly can.
  •   ... Ever be afraid of posting a league wide message of a beat down you put on a sorry opposing owner. Even if you had a huge week with one player or your whole team went off, express your emotions. Which brings me to my next point...
  •    ... Ever bottle up your emotions. Let go all of your joy, anger, misery, and satisfaction. Your guys can have you really all over the place so it is healthiest to just let it all out
  •    ... Ever watch with the other owner in person. Fantasy football is supposed to bring people together, not create violence. Which brings me to my next point...
  •    ... Ever be unprepared for a fight. Whether it be a physical, verbal or mental fight, always be on point. Your name and fantasy reputation is at stake.


Take these bullet points, write them down on a piece of paper and put it on your fridge. Maybe your bathroom mirror will work or even on the ceiling above your bed. Get this in your head and live by these bullet points. At no point while writing this blog was I joking or smiling, this is a serious reality you should live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment